2. ________is a reflex that often happens after your baby has been sucking your breast for 1-2 minutes.
4. Motherhood is ________.
8. Breast milk contains ________, which help your baby fight off infection and build immunity.
9. Breastfeeding may burn around ________ calories each day.
16. A ________ is a highly trained professional who specializes in helping mothers with nursing and pumping.
17. Newborn babies may _______ up to 20 hours each day in their first week of life.
18. A ________is a machine that uses gentle suction to draw milk from a breast.
Across Answers:2. LetDown
1. When pregnant, your body produces a hormone called ________ that softens ligaments and relaxes the pelvis to prepare for birth.
3. Your baby’s stomach is the size of a ________ during the first days of life.
5. It is recommended to ________ expressed milk in 2-4 ounce increments.
6. ________ is an early pregnancy symptom that may cause feelings of illness as a result of rapidly increasing hormones.
7. Skin to skin contact immediately after birth is also known as the ________.
10. The first six weeks after childbirth are known as ________.
11. ________ is the first milk produced, is also known as “liquid gold”.
12. The ________ is the first lifeline between mother and baby, supplying all of the baby's nutrients in utero.
13. Contrary to popular belief, you can introduce a ________ to your baby and still have a successful breastfeeding relationship.
14. When pregnant, a woman’s blood volume increases by as much as ________ percent.
15. 3-4 weeks of age is a good time to start introducing a ________.