As your pregnancy progresses, you’ll likely find yourself dealing with nausea, pangs of hunger, and odd hankerings. Your changing body can make meal planning a challenge for even the most organized mom-to-be. One simple solution is to have quick and easy snacks on hand.
For the most part, you’ll want to look for nutrient dense snacks with a good balance of protein, complex carbohydrates, and healthy fats. Pro-mom tip: eat the rainbow! Adding fruits and veggies in a variety of colors can help you add necessary vitamins and minerals, plus your plate will look much more appetizing.
- Apple Slices & Nut Butter
- Hummus with Carrots & Celery
- Fresh Cut or Roasted Veggies
- Shredded Wheat, Fresh Fruit, & Milk
- Toasted Ezekiel Bread, Nut Butter, Coconut Chips, & Maple Syrup
- Rice Cakes, Nut Butter, & Sliced Fruit
- Grapes (Bonus: try them frozen!)
- Pretzels & Hummus or Nut Butter
- Bananas, Nut Butter, & Puffed Rice Cereal
- Tortilla Chips, Guacamole, & Salsa
- String Cheese, Pretzels, & Carrots
- Cottage Cheese & Pineapple
- Cheese & Crackers
- Yogurt Parfait with Fruit & Granola
- Greek Yogurt, Maple Syrup, and Sliced Almonds (or Fruit!)
- Whole Fruit Smoothies (add Leafy Greens for Extra Nutrients)
- Protein Bars or Homemade Energy Balls
- Protein Shakes
- Hard-Boiled Eggs & Whole Grain Crackers
- Homemade Banana Muffins (Bonus: Make a big batch & freeze them!)
Don’t forget to stay hydrated! When it feels like you’re running to the bathroom every three minutes, you may find yourself wanting to avoid beverages, but water is a definite must for staying healthy throughout your pregnancy.
Be sure to talk with your healthcare team about specific recommendations or restrictions.
Do you have a favorite go-to snack? Share it in the comments below!
More Kindred Bravely Tips for a Healthy Pregnancy
3 Healthcare Pros You Should Know for a Healthy Pregnancy
3 Nutrition Tips for a Healthy Pregnancy
3 Exercise Tips for a Healthy Pregnancy
3 Self-Care Tips for a Healthy Pregnancy